Valley Center Community Church’s roots go back to the year 1885 here in Valley Center. In that year, Joseph and Hannah Sherrard founded Sherrard’s Chapel, a place in this small rural community where God’s people could come to worship. Today, you can still see that little chapel as it sits adjacent to the cemetery on Miller Road.
When the congregation outgrew the little chapel, the church began worshipping at what is now the Community Center on Lilac Road. Eventually, the church found a permanent place to worship when a former Marine Chapel building was relocated to the church’s present property on Valley Center Road in 1946. The facilities were expanded in the 1970s to accommodate the growth of the church.
Over the years, Valley Center Community Church has cultivated a reputation for exalting God and the work of Christ. We hold to a high view of Scripture, of ministry to one another, and a love for community.
VCCC is blessed to be led by a group of elders, five full-time pastors, and supported by a growing number of deacons, an office staff, and over one hundred volunteers.