Valley Center Community Church’s roots go back to the year 1885. Joseph and Hannah Sherrard founded Sherrard’s Chapel to provide a place where God’s people could come to worship in this small rural community. The original chapel can still be seen as it sits next to the cemetery on Miller Road. When the congregation outgrew the little chapel, the church began worshipping at what is now the Community Center on Lilac Road. In 1946, the church found a permanent place to worship when a former Marine Chapel building was relocated to its present location on Valley Center Road. In the 1970’s, work was done to the building to accommodate the growth of the church.
- Reverend Don Anderson (1967-1984)
- Pastor Dale Meador (1984-1997)
- Pastor John Sale (1998-2015)
- Pastor David Wojnicki (2015-Present)
- Exalting God and the work of Christ
- Having a high view of Scripture
- Ministry to one another
- Love for the community
The Ten-Year Vision
In the next ten years, we would desire to see:
- 100% of the body in Gospel Communities.
- A permanent place of worship that accommodates existing needs and allows for future growth.
- A pre-school with enrollment of 120 children (and the possibility of expanding our preschool ministry into a full K-12 Christian School)
- A 2-3 year program/curriculum for teaching adults biblical truth and training them in its gospel application.
- 5 full-time missionaries sent by VC Community Church
- Plant another church or establish second campus
- Additional elders to appropriately shepherd the needs of the congregation
- An annual plan for strategic outreach to our community
Fulfilled as of October, 2014
- An established Biblical Counseling ministry serving the needs of the church and the community.
- A well established park and trail system that is used extensively by the church and by the community.
- A pastor dedicated to our Worship and Media Ministry.