Valley Center Community Church’s roots go back to the year 1885 here in Valley Center. In that year, Joseph and Hannah Sherrard founded Sherrard’s Chapel, a place in this small rural community where God’s people could come to worship. Today, you can still see that little chapel as it sits adjacent to the cemetery on Miller Road.
When the congregation outgrew the little chapel, the church began worshipping at what is now the Community Center on Lilac Road. Eventually, the church found a permanent place to worship when a former Marine Chapel building was relocated to the church’s present property on Valley Center Road in 1946. The facilities were expanded in the 1970s to accommodate the growth of the church.
Over the years, Valley Center Community Church has cultivated a reputation for exalting God and the work of Christ. We hold to a high view of Scripture, of ministry to one another, and a love for community.
VCCC is blessed to be led by a group of elders, five full-time pastors, and supported by a growing number of deacons, an office staff, and over one hundred volunteers.
The Ten-Year Vision
In the next ten years, we would desire to see:
- 100% of the body in Gospel Communities.
- A permanent place of worship that accommodates existing needs and allows for future growth.
- A pre-school with enrollment of 120 children (and the possibility of expanding our preschool ministry into a full K-12 Christian School)
- A 2-3 year program/curriculum for teaching adults biblical truth and training them in its gospel application.
- 5 full-time missionaries sent by VC Community Church
- Plant another church or establish second campus
- Additional elders to appropriately shepherd the needs of the congregation
- An annual plan for strategic outreach to our community
Fulfilled as of October, 2014
- An established Biblical Counseling ministry serving the needs of the church and the community.
- A well established park and trail system that is used extensively by the church and by the community.
- A pastor dedicated to our Worship and Media Ministry.