Know Before You Attend Worship
“Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.”
As the people of God, we are called to gather for worship. In doing so we give God our collective praise, we proclaim the truths of our faith to each other, and we receive the mutual encouragement of the body.
Due to the coronavirus, our Sunday service is at 9:30 am in the backyard of the church. Here are some things to expect as you come to worship.
- Parking in front of and behind the church is reserved for seniors and handicapped.
- For those wishing to take part in the service but remain in their car, spots will be available behind the deli. Simply tell those helping with the parking that you want a drive-in parking spot.
- For all other members of the church, parking will be provided in front of and behind the shopping center next to the church.
- As you arrive in the backyard you will be given the opportunity to pick up prepackaged communion elements for later in the service.
- All families and individuals will be greeted and helped to their seats. Family and individuals will be seated six feet apart.
- Individuals are not required to wear face masks since we are outside, but you are welcome to do so.
- For the time being, we will not be offering childcare or youth Sunday school. We expect that younger children will make noise and move around during the service and we are okay with it and welcome their presence.
- If you are sick, think you might be sick, or have recently been sick, for the love of your neighbor please do not attend until you are better.
- As much as you would like to give someone a hug or handshake, do not assume that the person is comfortable with doing so. Please ask before greeting someone with any physical contact.
- Before and after the service we ask that you be considerate and wise in your social interactions.
For those who are not able to attend for any reason, we will continue to provide the service live online at 9:30.